ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Facing issue Ignite 2.3 and Vertex-ignite 3.5.0
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 01:10:57 GMT
Automatic cluster activation with the persistence enabled will become possible once we release
the baseline topology:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-4+Baseline+topology+for+caches <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/IEP-4+Baseline+topology+for+caches>

It should become available in the next Ignite release.

—
Denis

> On Nov 28, 2017, at 9:10 PM, Tejashwa Kumar Verma <tejashwa.verma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alexey,
>
> Thanks for quick response and explaining the reason for Cluster inactivity by default.
> But in our use case we are ok if we are activating cluster before start. So is there
any workaround or other way to enable Cluster through xml configs?

> Thanks & Regards
> Tejas
>

> On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 12:14 AM, Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinalexey@gmail.com <mailto:kukushkinalexey@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You can enable Ignite persistence only explicitly using a command line tool or in the
code <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-activation>. There is a reason why
enabling persistence makes cluster inactive upon startup: the reason is the data is already
in Ignite. Suppose you do a "get(key)" and Ignite does now find the key. How Ignite can know
if the key does not exist or a node that has they key is not started yet? This is why you
have to explicitly say "now full cluster is started" by activating it.

> Community is developing a Baseline Topology feature where you would say that you cluster
consists of specific nodes and will become active automatically once the specified topology
is formed. But this is in the next release.