ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: websession clustering and persitent store
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2017 11:43:16 GMT
Manuel, you just need to activate your cluster on startup as the error
message suggests. In addition to the Ignite.active(true) API, there is an
option to use a script: "$IGNITE_HOME/bin/control.sh --activate".

Whether you need persistence is for you to decide. For me persistence is
needed if:

   - The data are too big to fit in memory.
   - You want your data to survive entire cluster going down (not just some
   nodes, which is addressed by configuring backups).
   - You do not want to spend time for initial data load.
   - You have legal requirements to persist data (like bank transactions
   info)

For me typical web session data do not require persistence since they
should fit in memory, you can configure backups for fault tolerance and
there are no legal requirements to persist web data. Maybe you have some
specific scenario.