ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ahmad Al-Masry <ma...@harri.com>
Subject Re: Data lose in query
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 08:18:28 GMT
Hi;
I added @AffinityKeyMapped to the fields in the model generated by web console.
But I also noticed that when I load the data using the load commands generated from the web
console, the data is not collocated and the query will return reduced data.
Do you have any hints?
BR

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 3:12 PM, Nikolai Tikhonov <ntikhonov@apache.org> wrote:
>
> It depends from your data model and can't be enabled via one property. Please, look at
the following documentation pages:

> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/affinity-collocation>
> https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#collocated-joins <https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#collocated-joins>
>
> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 4:02 PM, Ahmad Al-Masry <masry@harri.com <mailto:masry@harri.com>>
wrote:
> How can I enable this on the server configuration XML?
> BR
>

>> On Dec 11, 2017, at 2:31 PM, Nikolai Tikhonov <ntikhonov@apache.org <mailto:ntikhonov@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Strongly recommend to care about collocation of your data (as above suggested by
Vlad) instead of enable DistributedJoins flag. The performance of this type of joins is worse
then the performance of the affinity collocation based joins due to the fact that there will
be much more network round-trips and data movement between the nodes to fulfill a query [1].

>> 1. https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#non-collocated-joins
<https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#non-collocated-joins>

>> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Ahmad Al-Masry <masry@harri.com <mailto:masry@harri.com>>
wrote:
>> Hi;
>> When I enabled the distributed JOIN, get the following Exception:
>>
>> java.sql.SQLException: javax.cache.CacheException: Failed to prepare distributed
join query: join condition does not use index [joinedCache=PositionTypeCache

>> Should I remove the indexes before doing distributed joins?
>> BR
>>

>>> On Dec 11, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Vladislav Pyatkov <vldpyatkov@gmail.com <mailto:vldpyatkov@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When you use JOIN, you should to enable DistributedJoins flag[1], or tack care
about collocated of each joined entry[2].

>>> [1]: org.apache.ignite.cache.query.SqlFieldsQuery#setDistributedJoins
>>> [2]: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs>
>>>
>>> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM, Ahmad Al-Masry <masry@harri.com <mailto:masry@harri.com>>
wrote:
>>> Dears;
>>> The when I execute the attached query on Mysql data source or on a single node
ignite, it returns about 25k records.