ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ahmad Al-Masry <ma...@harri.com>
Subject Re: Data lose in query
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 13:02:45 GMT
How can I enable this on the server configuration XML?
BR

> On Dec 11, 2017, at 2:31 PM, Nikolai Tikhonov <ntikhonov@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Strongly recommend to care about collocation of your data (as above suggested by Vlad)
instead of enable DistributedJoins flag. The performance of this type of joins is worse then
the performance of the affinity collocation based joins due to the fact that there will be
much more network round-trips and data movement between the nodes to fulfill a query [1].

> 1. https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#non-collocated-joins <https://apacheignite-sql.readme.io/docs/distributed-joins#non-collocated-joins>
>

> On Mon, Dec 11, 2017 at 3:03 PM, Ahmad Al-Masry <masry@harri.com <mailto:masry@harri.com>>
wrote:
> Hi;
> When I enabled the distributed JOIN, get the following Exception:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: javax.cache.CacheException: Failed to prepare distributed join
query: join condition does not use index [joinedCache=PositionTypeCache

> Should I remove the indexes before doing distributed joins?
> BR
>

>> On Dec 11, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Vladislav Pyatkov <vldpyatkov@gmail.com <mailto:vldpyatkov@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> When you use JOIN, you should to enable DistributedJoins flag[1], or tack care about
collocated of each joined entry[2].