ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Data load is very slow in ignite 2.3 compare to ignite 1.9
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 06:09:44 GMT
Why are you giving only 5GB of RAM to every node then (referring to your data region configuration)?
You mentioned that it’s fine to assign 15GB of RAM. Does it mean there are another processes
running on the server that use the rest of RAM heavily.

To make the troubleshooting of your problem more effectively, please upload your complete
configuration and the code of preloader that calls Ignite data streamer on GitHub and share
with us.

β€”
Denis

> On Dec 20, 2017, at 8:34 PM, Tejashwa Kumar Verma <tejashwa.verma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Denis,
>
> I dont know that i got your question correctly or not.
> But still attempting to ans.
>
> For now i have 2 node cluster and both have 48-48 GB RAM available. And data is not Preloaded
.

> Thanks & Regards
> Tejas
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 9:55 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Does it mean that you have 3 cluster nodes and all of them are running on a single server?
Is data preloaded from a different machine?

> β€”
> Denis
>
>> On Dec 20, 2017, at 8:09 PM, Tejashwa Kumar Verma <tejashwa.verma@gmail.com <mailto:tejashwa.verma@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> HI Alexey,
>>
>> We have enough memory(around 48 GB) on server whereas allocation wise we are assigning/utilizing
only 15GB memory.

>> @Denis, I have tried all the configs given in mentioned link. But its not helping
out.

>> Thanks & regards
>> Tejas
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 5:44 AM, Denis Magda <dmagda@apache.org <mailto:dmagda@apache.org>>
wrote:
>> Tejas,
>>
>> The new memory architecture of Ignite 2.x might require an extra tuning. I find this
doc as a good starting point of the scrutiny:
>> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory-tuning <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory-tuning>
>>
>> β€”
>> Denis
>>
>>> On Dec 20, 2017, at 10:43 AM, Tejashwa Kumar Verma <tejashwa.verma@gmail.com
<mailto:tejashwa.verma@gmail.com>> wrote:

>>> Yes, I have same cluster, env and no of nodes.
>>>
>>> I am using DataStreamer to load data.
>>>
>>> Thanks and Regards
>>> Tejas
>>>
>>> On 21 Dec 2017 12:11 am, "Alexey Kukushkin" <kukushkinalexey@gmail.com <mailto:kukushkinalexey@gmail.com>>
wrote:
>>> Tejas, how do you load the cache - are you using DataStreamer or SQL, JDBC or
put/putAll or something else? Can you confirm - are you saying you have same cluster (same
number of nodes and hardware) and after the upgrade the cache load time increased from 40
to 90 minutes?