ignite-user mailing list archives

From Naveen <naveen.band...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory foot print of the ignite nThe background cache eviction process was unable to free [10] percent of the cache for Context
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 08:51:33 GMT
Thanks Alexey.

As you mentioned, in heap its only java classes that reside, which you can
mention while starting the ignite thru VM options and it will be reflected
after the node comes up

Topology snapshot [ver=1, servers=1, clients=0, CPUs=8, heap=7.1GB]

And, on linux when we execute top command we can see all the processes
running and other stats like RAM, CPU usage like below

Below entry is shown for the ignite process, which shows the used heap size
of JVM.
  PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND

63200 tibusr    20   0 21.562g *1.792g * 14908 S   1.0  5.8  14:37.77
/app/JAVA_1.8/jdk1.8.0_151//bin/java -Xms1g -Xmx1g -server
-XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:MaxMetaspace+

However, data is not stored in off-heap, so how do we know the process which
is holding the off-heap memory, can we see this in the top command output

Thanks
Naveen