ignite-user mailing list archives

From Naveen <naveen.band...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance comparison of Primary Vs Secondary Indexes
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 08:17:48 GMT
Hi

Am using 2.3

Doing a POC with 2 caches each having 10M records.
My cluster configuration is, 3 server nodes and one client node.

When I do the PT on primary key thru Rest API like this, I could TPS of
around 30K and above.

http://10.144.114.115:8080/ignite?cmd=get&key=P100000007&cacheName=Customer

I have created an index on Customer table on column ACCOUNT_ID_LIST and ran
the below command to verify the query, its querying in 0.025 secs, hopefully
it is using the index.

0: jdbc:ignite:thin://127.0.0.1> select * from "Customer".CUSTOMER where
ACCOUNT_ID_LIST ='A100000001';
+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+-------------------------------+
|        ACCOUNT_ID_LIST         |      CUST_ADDRESS_ID_LIST      |
PARTYROLE            |       PARTY_STATUS_CODE        |           REFREE_ID

+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+-------------------------------+
| A100000001                     | custAddressIdList1             |
partyrole1                     | partyStatusCode1               | refreeId1

+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+-------------------------------+
1 row selected (0.025 seconds)

And when I do the PT for the the below SQL Query thru REST API, TPS has come
down to 4.5K

http://10.144.114.115:8080/ignite?cmd=qryexe&type=Customer&pageSize=10&cacheName=Customer&arg1=A100000001&qry=ACCOUNT_ID_LIST+%3D+%3F

Will it be so drastic drop in TPS querying on a secondary index?

My question is, hows the performance of secondary indexes in Ignite, how
does it work internally.
Basically when it comes to Primary indexes, based on the key value, Ignite
cluster get to know which node is storing this record and directly request
goes to that node and gets the data, how does it work for secondary index. I
doubt, it will not work the same way it does for primary index.

Can someone make me understand how it works.

Thanks
Naveen