ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data region's data page size
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 19:34:55 GMT
Yes, you should if average object size exceeds 4KB because otherwise Ignite will spend more
time spreading and maintaining a single object across several pages.

—
Denis

> On Nov 7, 2017, at 11:14 AM, Andrey Kornev <andrewkornev@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Ivan! A follow-up question, if you don't mind.
>
> Should I consider changing the default 4K page size to 8K (or possibly to 16K) if the
average size of my cache objects is, say, 12K, with max size up to 100K?

> Thanks
> Andrey

16k page will be persisted if you have changed only few bytes.

> You may also want to check our durable memory tuning guide for more details:https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory-tuning
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/durable-memory-tuning>
> Best Regards,
> Ivan Rakov
>
> On 07.11.2017 1:28, Andrey Kornev wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> What are the considerations for choosing the best data page size? It looks like there
are only four possible values (1K, 4K, 8K and 16K) to choose from, and I don't immediately
see why one would want to use anything other than 16K?

>> Is it because the value lookup within a page is linear and therefore, I want to keep
the number of values that fit on a single page sufficiently low?