ignite-user mailing list archives

From "ilya.kasnacheev" <ilya.kasnach...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error running ignite in YARN
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 14:08:11 GMT
Hello again!

After a close examination I have discovered a problem between Ignite YARN
and Hadoop code:

Ignite YARN collects all existing environment variables to pass them to
container, including variables with incorrect names, such as Bash functions,
which have extra characters at the end, and are ignored by most shells but
not the JVM.

When you tell Bash to export functions, it puts
BASH_FUNC_your_function_name%% variable into env. This is what is causing
problems because Ignite YARN picks this variable and tells Hadoop to pass it
to container, which leads to incorrectly written startup scrips.

I have created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-7080 about the

I will try my own examples on AWS EMR, see if I can find a workaround. A
good workaround will be to unexport the function before creating nodes with

unset -f run_prestart

If you are able to do that before running master.