ignite-user mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Chmielewski <krzysiek.chmielew...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite Service and node failure
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2017 10:53:47 GMT
Hi Team,
I would like to ask about a preferable approach regarding the Service
acquiring via Ignite's Service Proxy and a node failure.

Lets assume we have a service deployed as a Cluster Singleton. Grid client
acquires the service instance via ignite.services().serviceProxy(...)

The questions are:
1. What would happen if between service fetching and service usage, node
that has this service deployed failed. Would this returned proxy be still
valid? Assuming that service reinitialized it self on another node in the
grid.

2. Should we always acquire new service proxy (call
gnite.services().serviceProxy(...)) when we want to call the service's
method or can we get it only once, keep the reference, and reusing it.

Thanks
Krzysztof