ignite-user mailing list archives

From Chris Berry <chriswbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ComputeTask is including Nodes for ComputeJobs prematurely
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2017 14:11:47 GMT
Hi Denis,

Thank you very much for responding.

I’m unclear what you meant by “start Ignite twice”??
I don’t really understand how that scenario would work.
Would you stop Ignite & start it again??
And, if so, wouldn’t that cause a whole new “rebalancing” to occur??
Is there a “soft restart” that I am missing??

Unfortunately, I do not see how the “dynamic cluster group based on a
predicate” will work for me??
Otherwise, it _would_ be a great solution…

We rely heavily on Affinity to assure that the cache data is all collocated
for computation.

    Map<ComputeJob, ClusterNode> jobMap = new HashMap<>();
    try {
        List<UUID> cacheKeys = getIgniteAffinityCacheKeys(request);
       Map<ClusterNode, Collection&lt;UUID>> nodeToKeysMap = ignite.

<UUID>affinity(getIgniteAffinityCacheName()).mapKeysToNodes(cacheKeys);

And, unfortunately, I do NOT believe that this works with ClusterGroups.
Correct??

So. It seems that I still do not understand how to implement this…
Both the “start twice” and the “dynamic cluster group solution” do not
appear to work for Affinity??

Thanks for your help!!
Cheers,
-- Chris