ignite-user mailing list archives

From dkarachentsev <dkarachent...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Benchmark results questions
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 15:15:56 GMT
Hi Ray,

I've finally got results of query benchmarks:
4s1c 80725.80 80725.80
4s2c 78797.90 157595.80
4s4c 54029.70 216118.80

8s1c 64185.60 64185.60
8s2c 61058.10 122116.20
8s4c 34792.70 139170.80

First column - cluster configuration (in 8 server variant 2 nodes per
machine), second - average throughput per driver, third - total throughput.

So there is some degradation on larger cluster. First of all, queries does
not scale, you need broadcast the same request to all nodes. Adding more
nodes doesn't make this job easier, but even harder, because client has to
process more requests and responses - that's what I see from profiler. In
larger cluster client consumes more CPU, more IO and increases pressure to
GC.

On the 8s4c configuration two servers on single machine influence on work of
each other. Opposite to SQL, single put/get requests are targeted on primary
node only, not to all, and adding more nodes gives almost linear increasing
of throughput.

You will get increasing of query performance on large grid with much bigger
dataset and more complex SQL. In that case processing would be spreaded
among servers and data digesting will be parallelized.

Thanks!
-Dmitry