ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ramzinator <rami.hamm...@gmail.com>
Subject Ignite Cluster Disconnects After Idle Time
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2017 15:44:02 GMT
Hi all,

I'm facing hanging issues with my ignite cluster after I leave it idle for
20 mins.

The scenario is as follows:

I have 3 ignite nodes in one cluster running, each on a container in docker.

The cluster is up, nodes have discovered each other and all is stable.

I leave the cluster idle for 20-30 mins. And then I issue some cache
operations (clear/put).
The operations hang indefinitely and all I can see in the logs are messages
such as:

It keeps printing "Balancing data" indefinitely, and my cache operations
never ends. Note that my cache is practically empty and the cluster is just
3 nodes.

Note that this only happens when I leave the cluster idle. If I start using
immediately after startup, this does not happen.

Can anyone please provide any useful tips on this?
I need my cluster to remain functional even if left idle for a long time.
It seems that for some reason the ignite nodes TcpCommunicationSpi is
disconnecting and the reconnection is extremely slow.