ignite-user mailing list archives

From "Elmers, Mario (M)" <MElm...@dow.com>
Subject Question Ignite Memory Consumption / Object size (Apache Ignite .NET)
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:57:24 GMT
Hello,

I try to estimate the needed RAM for my application. I have created 3 nodes by starting only
the Apache.Ignite.exe.

All is done with C# and Apache.Ignite 2.2

Then I created a data loader application which loads up the whole data of my logfiles.

The size of all my logfiles are 7.5 GB. When I loaded it up to the Ignite cluster all together
need more than 32GB of RAM.

My cache is configured as partioned with 0 backups. So I  hat thinked that the cluster will
need not much more than 16 GB of RAM.
Because the file are normal ASCII files which converted to UTF-8 it will twice the amount
of data needed to store.

The class file I have created has for each field of the logentry one field. Each field I have
marked with the attribute [QuerySqlField]  and some fields are indexed.
The key is of type Guid.

Can someone explain why the amount is 4x greater than the raw data ?

Thanks & regards

Mario