ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Pavlov <dpavlov....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite 2.3 - replicated cache lost data after restart cluster nodes with persistence enabled
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 12:11:02 GMT
Hi,

I tried to write the same code that will execute the described scenario.
The results are as follows:

If I do not give enough time to completely rebalance partitions, then the
newly launched node will not have enough data to count(*).

If I do not wait for enough time to allow to distribute the data on the
grid, the query will return a smaller number - the number of records that
have been uploaded to the node. I guess there is
GridDhtPartitionDemandMessage’s can be found in Ignite debug log in this
moment.

If I wait for a sufficient amount of time or directly call the wait on the
newly joined node

ignite2.cache (CACHE) .rebalance (). get ();

then all results will be correct.

About your question>  what's happen if one cluster node crashes in the
middle of rebalance process?

In this case normal failover scenario is started, data is rebalanced within
cluster. And if there is enought WAL records on nodes representing history
from crash point, then only recent changes (delta) will be send over
network. If there is no enought history to apply rebalance with most recent
changes, then partition will be rebalanced from scratch to new node.

Sincerely,

Pavlov Dmitry