ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kuznetsov <akuznet...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about number of total onheap and offheap cache entries.
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 23:33:38 GMT
Hi Ray!

Could you show your cache configuration?

In case if you set "onHeapEnabled=true" Ignite will "cache" values in heap
during get & sql operations.
And heap metric will be > 0.

As for 2.3 - it will be released by the end of October.
You can always try to build from sources from master.
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi#build-source

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 12:23 AM, Ray <rayliu@cisco.com> wrote:

> Thank you Vasiliy for your answer.
>
> In the ticket, it looks like the problem is with the off-heap entry count.
> But my question is why the on-heap entry count is always the same as the
> off-heap entry count?
> Ignite stores the cache off-heap by default, so in design there will be
> zero
> on-heap entry count when the cache is not visited, right?
> Or is there some eviction configuration I need to set up for the entries to
> be evicted after they are visited and brought on-heap?
> I've been watching the visor stats for a day now, and the cache is not
> visited during the day.
> But the on-heap entry count is still not zero.
>
> And is there any release date for Ignite 2.3?
>
> Thanks
>

> --

Alexey Kuznetsov