ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence store(MSSQL) using cross-platform c#(Ignite Client windows) and java(Ignite Server linux version)
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 15:52:40 GMT
Hi JP,

Please let me first explain some basics: Ignite is implemented in Java and
presently all other APIs including .NET are "wrappers" of the Ignite JVM.
When you start your .NET node, it automatically creates an Ignite Java node
and talks to it using some thin JNI layer for .NET/Java interoperability.

Thus, any .NET Ignite node is also a Java Ignite node but, obviously, pure
Java nodes are NOT .NET nodes.

I think that explains why you see an error when you try to connect a pure
Java node to a SQL server using Microsoft .NET Entity Framework cache
store. The cache store information is transferred to the Java node fine
when you create a dynamic cache, but you get an error when Java node
actually tries to use (do "put") the .NET Entity Framework that is not
available in the Java node running on Ubuntu.

Since any node is always a Java node you can develop your
CustomerCacheStore in Java, add the JAR file to Ignite classpath and such a
cache store will work on both .NET and Java nodes. Here is an example of
how you developer a Java cache store:
I think you can easily modify it for your data model.

Let me know if you still have questions.

View raw message