ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence store(MSSQL) using cross-platform c#(Ignite Client windows) and java(Ignite Server linux version)
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 12:56:54 GMT
Siva, JP,

Ignite .NET has no special support for calling Java from .NET. If you
google for something like "call Java from C#" you will find lots of
examples telling it to 1) expose Java method through JNI 2) Build a DLL
with your Java native methods and all other required Java dependencies
included 3) Consume the DLL from C# using "unsafe extern" methods. Although
I did not try it myself, I personally would use a C++/CLI for .NET/Java
interoperability: it is easier to consume JNI in C++ and you can reference
C++/CLI types from your C# code.

But I suggest you this trick instead of attacking the problem with all
those complexities. The idea is to update configuration at runtime before
calling IIgnite.getOrCreateCache():

   1. Start with empty caches configuration in you App.config
   2. When you receive a tenant ID, check if cache for the tenant already
   exists in the configuration. If not, then update the "System.
   Configuration.Configuration" instance in memory and save it.
   3. Call getOrCreateCache()