ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: integrate with prestodb
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:57:43 GMT
Hello Shawn,

Do I understand properly that you have scarce RAM resources and think to exploit Presto as
an alternative SQL engine in Ignite that queries both RAM and disk data sets? If that’s
the case than just enable Ignite native persistence [1] and you’ll get all the data stored
on disk and as much as you can afford in RAM. The SQL works over both tiers transparently
for you.

[1] https://ignite.apache.org/features/persistence.html <https://ignite.apache.org/features/persistence.html>

> On Oct 16, 2017, at 2:19 AM, Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinalexey@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cross-sending to the DEV community.
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 12:14 PM, shawn.du <shawn.du@neulion.com.cn <mailto:shawn.du@neulion.com.cn>>
> Hi community,
> I am trying to implement a connector for presto to connect ignite.
> I think it will be a very interest thing to connect ignite and presto.
> In fact, currently we use ignite and it works very well.  but in order to save memory,
we build compressed binary data.
> thus we cannot query them using SQL. We use ignite map-reduce to query the data.
> Using presto, we may use SQL again. If it is fast enough, ignite will be our in memory
storage and not responsible for computing or only for simple query.
> The only thing I concern about is presto is fast enough or not like Ignite. For now all
ignite query cost less than 5 seconds and most are hundreds of milliseconds.
> Also presto provides a connector for redis.  I don't know community has interest to contribute
to presto-ignite?
> Thanks
> Shawn
> --