ignite-user mailing list archives

From Evgeniy Ignatiev <yevgeniy.ignat...@gmail.com>
Subject Services deployment constraining by cluster group not working
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2017 10:15:31 GMT
Hello, Igniters.

We recently faced an issue with service deployment for server nodes only.

When we tried to use a construction like this:
ignite.services(ignite.cluster().forServers()).deploy(serviceConfiguration),
but using this we see services getting deployed on client nodes too and
their init/execute methods being called there.

Here is the minified example -
https://github.com/YevIgn/ignite-services-deployment-issue - this is on
Ignite 2.2 version. Running its Main class outputs names of Ignite
instances of both client and server.

We can use AttributeNodeFilter to guarantee that service is deployed on
server nodes only, but as per a javadoc of the
IgniteServices#deploy(ServiceConfiguration) - "The node filter will be
checked in addition to the underlying cluster group filter, or the whole
grid, if the underlying cluster group includes all the cluster nodes.",
so I assume the current behavior is a bug.

Best Regards,

Yevgeniy.