ignite-user mailing list archives

From blackfield <charles.kat...@maxpoint.com>
Subject Re: Query performance against table with/out backup
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2017 14:05:21 GMT
The table is created programmatically, two properties (zone and userId) were
marked(annotated) with index = true.

When you say, if the index are applied properly to the query, do you mean
whether I provide the index hint to the query or else?  If the former, the
answer is no.

The performance issue of IN clause and index is mentioned here...
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/sql-performance-and-debugging#sql-performance-and-usability-considerations

Due to the nature of the query (performing count), yes, it appears, it
performs scan to the whole cache.
Does that explain that the performance is almost as twice as slow with
backup? If so, can you elaborate about more as to why?

Here is the cache config:

Cache 'SQL_PUBLIC_USER_ATTRIBUTE_SAMPLE':
+==========================================================================================================+
|                   Name                    |
Value                             |
+==========================================================================================================+
| Group                                     | xxx

| Dynamic Deployment ID                     |
8feacd52f51-4cbc5976-a413-488e-b74c-756539b0b54d             |
| Mode                                      | PARTITIONED

| Atomicity Mode                            | TRANSACTIONAL

| Statistic Enabled                         | off

| Management Enabled                        | off

| Time To Live Eager Flag                   | true

| Write Synchronization Mode                | FULL_SYNC

| Invalidate                                | off

| Affinity Function                         |
o.a.i.cache.affinity.rendezvous.RendezvousAffinityFunction   |
| Affinity Backups                          | 1

| Affinity Partitions                       | 1024

| Affinity Exclude Neighbors                | false

| Affinity Mapper                           |
o.a.i.i.processors.cache.CacheDefaultBinaryAffinityKeyMapper |
| Rebalance Mode                            | ASYNC

| Rebalance Batch Size                      | 524288

| Rebalance Timeout                         | 10000

| Rebalance Delay                           | 0

| Time Between Rebalance Messages           | 0

| Eviction Policy Enabled                   | off

| Eviction Policy                           | <n/a>

| Eviction Policy Max Size                  | <n/a>

| Eviction Filter                           | <n/a>

| Near Cache Enabled                        | off

| Near Start Size                           | 0

| Near Eviction Policy                      | <n/a>

| Near Eviction Policy Max Size             | <n/a>

| Default Lock Timeout                      | 0

| Metadata type count                       | 0

| Cache Interceptor                         | <n/a>

| Store Enabled                             | off

| Store Class                               | <n/a>

| Store Factory Class                       |

| Store Keep Binary                         | false

| Store Read Through                        | off

| Store Write Through                       | off

| Write-Behind Enabled                      | off

| Write-Behind Flush Size                   | 10240

| Write-Behind Frequency                    | 5000

| Write-Behind Flush Threads Count          | 1

| Write-Behind Batch Size                   | 512

| Concurrent Asynchronous Operations Number | 500

| Loader Factory Class Name                 | <n/a>

| Writer Factory Class Name                 | <n/a>

| Expiry Policy Factory Class Name          |
javax.cache.configuration.FactoryBuilder$SingletonFactory    |
| Query Execution Time Threshold            | 3000

| Query Schema Name                         | PUBLIC

| Query Escaped Names                       | on

| Query SQL functions                       | <n/a>

| Query Indexed Types                       | <n/a>

As far as datamodel, the query is only against one table that has 75000+
rows, 5700+ columns. Most of the columns are double and float. zone is an
int. userId is a string.