ignite-user mailing list archives

From franck102 <franck...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cache pre-loading question
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2017 06:59:48 GMT
IgniteCache has a loadCache method and that is what I am using currently, but
I have seen many recommendations here and in the docs to a streamer rather
than loadCache (because loadCache is not transactional, can lead to
out-of-sync data if the topology changes...), e.g.:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-loading
"Data streamers should be used to load large amount of data into caches at
any time, including pre-loading on startup."

I am currently using loadCache on a client node, which if I understand
correctly simply dispatches a loadCache task to all nodes in the cluster.
What I am trying to achieve is pretty simple - assuming for example a
10-node cluster with a partitioned cache with backups=1:
I want a client to send an instruction to the 2 relevant nodes (primary and
backup) to pre-load the cache, using logic & mappings defined in the cache
configuration; and I need some way to detect/recover from nodes failing in
the process.

I isn't very clear to me how I can achieve that though...

Franck