ignite-user mailing list archives

From Ray <ray...@cisco.com>
Subject Ignite started as a server node instead of client node in yarn-client mode
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 04:34:48 GMT
I'm trying to ingest data into using ignite-spark-2.10.
I followed the guide in ScalarSharedRDDExample.scala and started
IgniteContext like this
val igniteContext = new IgniteContext(sparkContext, "example-ignite.xml",
true)

And I started six executors in yarn-client mode, and I expect Ignite will
launch six client on each of the executors to ingest data into Ignite.
But Ignite launch six server nodes instead of client nodes on the executors.
I see these two lines of code in IgniteContext.scala on line number 139.
        // check if called from driver
        if (sparkContext != null) igniteCfg.setClientMode(true)

So it confuses me, I clearly passed the sparkContext into IgniteContext but
Ignite still launches server nodes on executors.
So I wonder is there any configuration that you didn't mention in the docs
and ScalarSharedRDDExample.scala I should change to get Ignite launch as
client mode on the executors or is this a bug?

Thanks