ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A quick question on Cache Data Consistency
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 23:03:45 GMT
Hi John,

Thanks for pointing out to this. I’ve altered the documentation clarifying that the statement
is true for transactions.

Note that regardless of write synchronization mode, cache data will always remain fully consistent
across all participating nodes *when using transactions*.

—
Denis

> On Sep 29, 2017, at 10:45 AM, John Wilson <sami.hailu.15@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The documentation here, https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/primary-and-backup-copies
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/primary-and-backup-copies>, states that regardless
of write synchronization mode, cache data will always remain fully consistent across all participating
nodes. Yet, the Ignite book, states that AP (of CAP theorem) is guaranteed under ATOMIC mode
(sacrificing consistency). I'm confused, please explain.