ignite-user mailing list archives

From Biren Shah <Biren.S...@servicenow.com>
Subject Re: Ignite node not stopping after segmentation
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 23:03:58 GMT
I updated the version and so far, I have not faced the issue. So, looks like the issue has
been fixed in 2.1. But we still trying to figure out why segmentation happens so frequently.
Would like to continue the discussion to resolve the cause of segmentation.

We are using ignite for distributed caches. The cache sizes are not huge. Total cached data
is < 2G. The data does not change that frequently. We load the caches at the start of the
application and then just keep reading them.

So far what we have noticed is that GC pause causes the segmentation. The application receives
hug amount of data every minute. And with all other processing, we create lots of object.
But most of the allocation is outside ignite, even then ignite node segments out.

We are planning to go to production in a month. In current state we are not able to scale.
Any suggestions on fine turning Ignite or things we should watch out when using ignite?

Thanks,
Biren

From: Mikhail Cherkasov <mcherkasov@gridgain.com>
Date: Sunday, September 10, 2017 at 10:27 AM
To: "user@ignite.apache.org" <user@ignite.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Ignite node not stopping after segmentation

Biren, could you please try to reproduce the issue with 2.1?

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 8:20 PM, Biren Shah <Biren.Shah@servicenow.com<mailto:Biren.Shah@servicenow.com>>
wrote:
We are on 2.0.

Thanks,
Biren

On 9/8/17, 9:51 AM, "Mikhail" <michael.cherkasov@gmail.com<mailto:michael.cherkasov@gmail.com>>
wrote:

    Hi all,

    I created a  ticket for further investigations:

    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__issues.apache.org_jira_browse_IGNITE-2D6323&d=DwICAg&c=Zok6nrOF6Fe0JtVEqKh3FEeUbToa1PtNBZf6G01cvEQ&r=rbkF1xy5tYmkV8VMdTRVaIVhaXCNGxmyTB5plfGtWuY&m=uzZiitEwF5QUYB1Cd5brGizW0MbK-uv3hZigSOD1CAg&s=Gk8LHYyTj0YslsKeA_gKC5D7Nc1McAMv1ypiEDCbJng&e=

     Biren, could you please confirm that you use the latest 2.1 version?

    Thanks,
    Michael.

    --
    Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__apache-2Dignite-2Dusers.70518.x6.nabble.com_&d=DwICAg&c=Zok6nrOF6Fe0JtVEqKh3FEeUbToa1PtNBZf6G01cvEQ&r=rbkF1xy5tYmkV8VMdTRVaIVhaXCNGxmyTB5plfGtWuY&m=uzZiitEwF5QUYB1Cd5brGizW0MbK-uv3hZigSOD1CAg&s=aVej7K3jUlvXvrdyJkLenRbQ0YRZu-qJkxxxwKaWYVM&e=

--
Thanks,
Mikhail.