ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: A quick question on Ignite's B+ tree implementation
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 18:26:25 GMT
+ dev list

Hi John,

As the one who worked on this documentation, I confirm that it’s correct.

In my opinion, the only missing thing is that an index page (node) can comprise key/value
if the latter is of primitive type (int, float, char, String of specific length). *Vladimir*,
*Sam*, could you confirm this point and share more details with John?

—
Denis

> On Sep 22, 2017, at 4:19 PM, John Wilson <sami.hailu.15@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> The internal nodes of a B+ tree, by definition, store only keys while the leaf nodes
store (or hold pointer to) the actual data.

> The documentation here, https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/memory-architecture>,
states that each index node (including internal nodes) store information to access the data
page and offset for the key in question (not just the leaf nodes)