ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alison Mullan <alison.mul...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Design question on the Ignite Web Session Clustering.
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 08:45:23 GMT
Hi Shri,

The very best way to get answers and advice on these kinds of questions is
to use the Apache Ignite Forum.
It is a very lively community and very supportive - register here
https://ignite.apache.org/

Let me know how you get on and if/when you would like to discuss
deployment/pricing/support issues for your end-users.
Best regards
Ali

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 6:12 PM, Shrikant Patel <SPatel@pdxinc.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I have design question about Ignite web session clustering.
>

> I have springboot app with UI. It clustered app ie multiple instance of springboot app
behind the load balancer. I am using org.apache.ignite.cache.websession.WebSessionFilter()to
intercept request and create\manage session for any incoming request.

> I have 2 option
>

> 1.      Embed the ignite node inside springboot app. So have these embedded ignite node
(on each springboot JVM) be part of cluster. This way request session is replicated across
the entire springboot cluster. On load balancer I don’t have to maintain the sticky connection.
The request can go to any app in round robin or least load algorithm.

> Few considerations
>
> a.      Architect is simple. I don’t have worry about the cache being down etc.
>
> b.      Now the cache being embedded, its using CPU and memory from app jvm. It has potential
of starving my app of resources.

> 2.      Have ignite cluster running outside of app JVM. So now I run client node in springboot
app and connect to main ignite cluster.

> Few considerations
>

> a.      For any reason, if the client node cannot connect to main ignite cluster. Do
I have to manage the session manually and then push those session manually at later point
to the ignite cluster??

> b.      If I manage session locally I will need to have sticky connection on the load
balancer. Which I want to avoid if possible.

--
*Alison Mullan*
Business Development EMEA