ignite-user mailing list archives

From John Wilson <sami.hailu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Page Locking
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 18:56:34 GMT
Thanks Mikhail! If I may ask two additional questions:

   1. Is there any difference between data page eviction and check pointing
   (dirty pages being written to disk) when persistent store is enabled? My
   understanding is yes there is a difference: check pointing is a periodical
   process of writing dirty pages while data page eviction is evicting pages
   to make more room in memory. I'm right?
   2. Data page eviction works by going through each entry and evicting
   entries which are not locked in active transactions. However, when we write
   out pages to disk in a checkpoint process, do we write out the entire page
   as a chunk, or we write out all entries one-by-one?

Thanks