ignite-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite.NET 2.2 crashes on startup without any information
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:09:55 GMT
Ignite.NET uses multiple lookup paths to locate jvm.dll:

https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/platforms/dotnet/Apache.Ignite.Core/Impl/IgniteUtils.cs#L49

// JRE paths@"bin\server",@"bin\client",
 // JDK paths@"jre\bin\server",@"jre\bin\client",@"jre\bin\default"

On my machine JAVA_HOME points to "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75", and
Ignite.NET works fine.
Same with Java 8 on another machine.

Which Java version do you have? Is it Oracle or something else?

As a workaround you can set IgniteConfiguration.JvmDllPath explicitly.

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Patrick Brunmayr <
patrick.brunmayr@kpibench.com> wrote:

> I just removed the JDK and reinstalled it properly.
>
> BUT
>
> I need JAVA_HOME for other applications like cassandra. According to
> internet JAVA_HOME should point to the JDK installation dir right ?
>
> But when i do this Ignite tries to load %JAVA_HOME%\bin\server.dll which
> is not present in the JDK folder. It's only available in the JRE folder.
>
> How can i fix that without altering my JAVA_HOME ?
>
> Thx

>> You don't have to copy these files manually. Something is wrong with your
>> setup.
>> I would advise to remove and reinstall the JRE/JDK.
>>
>> By the way, JAVA_HOME is not necessary with Oracle JRE/JDK, Ignite.NET
>> detects it automatically.
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 6:39 PM, Patrick Brunmayr <
>> patrick.brunmayr@kpibench.com> wrote:
>>
>>> JAVA_HOME points to my JDK folder!
>>>
>>> There was a problem first! There was no bin\server\jvm.dll there Dont
>>> know why so i copied the jvm.dl from the embedded jdk\jre\bin\server to
>>> jdk\bin\server
>>>
>>> the funny thing is! I was able to run my app about 10 times with no
>>> problems and suddenly it stopped working.
>>>

>>> Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org> schrieb am Fr. 29. Sep. 2017 um
>>> 17:34:

29.

29. Sep.