ignite-user mailing list archives

From Evgenii Zhuravlev <e.zhuravlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IgniteCache.localEntries(CachePeekMode... peekModes) result
Date Fri, 01 Sep 2017 10:34:58 GMT
Hi,

> when we call cache.*localEntires *and we get the Iterable
<http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Iterable.html?is-external=true>
<javax.cache.Cache.Entry<K
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteCache.html>
,V
<https://ignite.apache.org/releases/latest/javadoc/org/apache/ignite/IgniteCache.html>
*>> *as a result,  does it mean that, those entries were "transferred" to
heap?

No, if you will use Iterator, you will get data from offheap to heap
one-by-one, so you will never face problems with OutOfMemory

Thanks,
Evgenii