ignite-user mailing list archives

From Sabyasachi Biswas <sabyforj...@gmail.com>
Subject About Apache Ignite Partitioned Cache
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 15:16:18 GMT
Hi,

I am using Apache Ignite 1.9 in the embedded mode, I am using it as an
inmemory data grid. I want to use the mode Partitioned Mode cache and I am
trying to gather usage information.

   - The backups which is mentioned in the documentation, how do I define
   which node is the primary node and which node is the backup node.
   - I will have a four node cluster in two data centers , is it normal to
   think each data center would have one primary node and one backup node.
   What would happen in the scenario that the primary node on one dc cannot
   reach the primary node on the other dc?
   - I assume that org.apache.ignite.spi.discovery.tcp.TcpDiscoverySpi is
   to be used for the dsicoverySpi property even for Partitioned Caches. Are
   there special properties that should be filled in for the partitioned cache
   except for addresses and ports?
   - Most of the caches I am using is using uuid as keys , in that case how
   would affinity collocation of the keys work? Unfortunately I cannot change
   the key structure in a short notice.

Thanks and Regards,
Saby