ignite-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Kukushkin <kukushkinale...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ignite.NET 2.2 crashes on startup without any information
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:13:30 GMT
Pavel,

It does not work for me - seems same problem. I also have VisualStudio 2017
and Oracle JDK 8.144. I suggest we open a ticket and investigate. I have
jvm.dll inside jre\bin\server\jvm.dll but for some reason Ignite does not
try it.

Apache.Ignite.Core.Common.IgniteException: Failed to load jvm.dll:
[option=JAVA_HOME, path=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\bin\server\jvm.dll, error=DLL could not be loaded
(126: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND). This can be caused by missing dependencies.
Make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is
installed (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632).]
[option=JAVA_HOME, path=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\bin\client\jvm.dll, error=DLL could not be loaded
(126: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND). This can be caused by missing dependencies.
Make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package is
installed (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632).]
[option=JAVA_HOME, path=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll, error=DLL could not be
loaded (193: ERROR_BAD_EXE_FORMAT). This is often caused by x64/x86
mismatch. Current process runs in x86 mode, and DLL is not x86.]
[option=JAVA_HOME, path=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll, error=DLL could not be
loaded (126: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND). This can be caused by missing
dependencies. Make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Package is installed (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632).]
[option=JAVA_HOME, path=C:\Program
Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_144\jre\bin\default\jvm.dll, error=DLL could not be
loaded (126: ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND). This can be caused by missing
dependencies. Make sure that Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable
Package is installed (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632).]
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Impl.IgniteUtils.LoadJvmDll(String
configJvmDllPath, ILogger log)
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Impl.IgniteUtils.LoadDlls(String configJvmDllPath,
ILogger log)
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Ignition.Start(IgniteConfiguration cfg)
   at Apache.Ignite.Core.Ignition.Start()
   at ConsoleApp1.Program.Main(String[] args) in
C:\Users\kukushal\Documents\Samples\ConsoleApp1\ConsoleApp1\Program.cs:line
16

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:09 PM, Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupitsyn@apache.org>
wrote:

> Ignite.NET uses multiple lookup paths to locate jvm.dll:
>
> https://github.com/apache/ignite/blob/master/modules/
> platforms/dotnet/Apache.Ignite.Core/Impl/IgniteUtils.cs#L49
>
> // JRE paths@"bin\server",@"bin\client",
>  // JDK paths@"jre\bin\server",@"jre\bin\client",@"jre\bin\default"
>

> On my machine JAVA_HOME points to "c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_75", and
> Ignite.NET works fine.
> Same with Java 8 on another machine.
>
> Which Java version do you have? Is it Oracle or something else?
>
> As a workaround you can set IgniteConfiguration.JvmDllPath explicitly.
>
> On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:00 PM, Patrick Brunmayr <
> patrick.brunmayr@kpibench.com> wrote:
>
>> I just removed the JDK and reinstalled it properly.
>>
>> BUT
>>
>> I need JAVA_HOME for other applications like cassandra. According to
>> internet JAVA_HOME should point to the JDK installation dir right ?
>>
>> But when i do this Ignite tries to load %JAVA_HOME%\bin\server.dll which
>> is not present in the JDK folder. It's only available in the JRE folder.
>>
>> How can i fix that without altering my JAVA_HOME ?
>>
>> Thx

>>> You don't have to copy these files manually. Something is wrong with
>>> your setup.
>>> I would advise to remove and reinstall the JRE/JDK.
>>>
>>> By the way, JAVA_HOME is not necessary with Oracle JRE/JDK, Ignite.NET
>>> detects it automatically.

Fr. 29.

Fr. 29.

Studio