ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Limiting the size of Persistent Store and clearing data on restart
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 03:16:54 GMT
On Sat, Sep 2, 2017 at 5:11 AM, userx <gagansab@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Regarding question 2, let me put it this way.
>
> Like ignite has eviction policy for RAM described at
> https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/evictions
> Is there an eviction policy for a persistent store ? Say for a use case
> where in I cannot allocate a dedicated 1 or 2 tb space (like we do for
> relational dbms), I would want to define an upper limit of say 300 GB and
> if
> $IGNITE_HOME/PersistentStore goes beyond the same same, evict the lru
> cache.

Evictions for RAM make sense because the data is still on disk and is not
lost. Evictions from disk do not make sense for me, nor am I aware of other
databases that have this feature. I believe it should be handled by users
based on the application requirements.

I think the Ignite community may agree to consider this feature as a
possible enhancement. Can you provide an example of a similar feature you
may have seen in another persistent store or a database?