ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I use Ignite for my case?
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2017 02:59:16 GMT
Hi James,

My answers are inline...

On Sun, Sep 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM, James <2305958068@qq.com> wrote:

> I am searching one solution to my case.  I just found Apache Ignite
> Yesterday. It appears a good solution. But I am not sure. I need your
> suggestions.
> My data is stored in MySQL. It is TB level. I like to do the following:
> 1. Load all data from MySQL into Ignite.

You should utilize IgniteDataStreamer [1] API to load data into Ignite.

> 2. Run sql query to get all data to do some "group by" on number data to
> calculate sum, avg, max, min etc.

You can do it in Ignite the standard client-server way. However, Ignite is
a distributed system and a much more performant way would be to send
computations to the nodes where the data is and run your logic locally on
those nodes. [2]

> 3. If I need to do some complex math operation, I like ignite to provide
> some stored procedure so I can run it on Ignite side.

Ignite does not have stored procedures. Instead, you should use collocated
computations. [2]

> 4. I like to embed Ignite into my Java application.

This is easy. Ignite has a very rich Java API and comes with many Java

> 5. I just want to use One server to achieve above goal.

If you use just one server, then what would be the advantage over MySQL?
Ignite brings the most value when you need to scale-out your application. I
would consider at least 2 servers or more.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/data-streamers
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/collocate-compute-and-data

View raw message