ignite-user mailing list archives

From Dmitriy Setrakyan <dsetrak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Comparing Strings in SQL statements
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 03:46:18 GMT
On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM, iostream <sidds.moona@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Whether Ignite does not TRIM strings internally when doing comparisons?

I don't think Ignite trims strings for comparison. You should use TRIM()
function explicitly when inserting or comparing strings.

> 2. Is there a way to configure my cluster to enforce TRIM whenever there
> are SQL statements with String comparisons?

I do not think you can enforce trimming without actually using the TRIM()

Do you know other databases that provide the behavior you are asking for?
If yes, please give us a link to this feature and we will consider adding
it to Ignite.