ignite-user mailing list archives

From "aaron@tophold.com" <aa...@tophold.com>
Subject Re: Re: When cache node switch between primary and backup any notification be received?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 01:54:46 GMT
Thanks Alexey!   what we real want, we deploy service on each Cache Node.  those service will
use data from its' local cache.

Client will call those remote service, Client should only call  the service on primary node,
 this make those nodes work like master-slave mode automatically.

Not sure this is a normal use case, or any other way can achieve this in ignite?

Regards
Aaron

aaron@tophold.com

From: Alexey Kukushkin
Date: 2017-09-11 20:33
To: user
Subject: Re: When cache node switch between primary and backup any notification be received?
Hi,

Unless you customize affinity function there are always 1024 partitions and every node holds
one or more primary partitions evenly distributed among the nodes. The affinity function tries
to minimize re-partitioning as topology changes. Just want to confirm - are you really looking
for an event like "node 4 is no longer primary for partition 367" ? I feel like you might
be looking for nodes with no primary partitions at all but that should not happen with default
affinity settings.