ignite-user mailing list archives

From "aaron@tophold.com" <aa...@tophold.com>
Subject Re: Re: What's the current behaviour when we use the eviction filter + expiry plicy?
Date Mon, 11 Sep 2017 04:27:10 GMT
Thanks Mihail!  Thanks Denis.

Our logic seem not quite straightforward.   we set the expiry policy to our Cache,  data more
than one hour should not be kept in cache.

But meaning while if this entry with a specific attribute flag is set to true, it should never
be expired.

We notice Eviction policy have a Eviction filter to exclude some entry from being evicting.
  while expiry policy have no corresponding filter seem.

Thanks for your explanation!

From: Denis Magda
Date: 2017-09-09 12:16
To: user
Subject: Re: What's the current behaviour when we use the eviction filter + expiry plicy?
Aaron, Mihail,

Frankly, I didn’t get the initial question nor the suggestion.

Just in case, this is the eviction policies' doc (reworked prior 2.0 release) and the expiration
policies [2]. Note that the expiration is supported for entries cached in Java heap only.

Please look over the docs. Probably you’ll find a correct answer there.

[1] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/evictions
[2] https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/expiry-policies