ignite-user mailing list archives

From rick_tem <rvinc...@temenos.com>
Subject Write Behind Performance
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 13:47:59 GMT
Hi,
I'm trying to find information on write behind performance and I found this
thread:

http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/Ignite-Write-Behind-performance-td5385.html

The thread says:

"As Denis pointer out, you should tune write-behind parameters to make sure
that background threads are working at sufficient insert rate. Also make
sure that you use batched inserts in your CacheStore implementation.

Hope this helps,
AG"

I've done that in my CacheStore implementation.  So my questions are:

1)  How can I monitor the queue size?  Is there a way to do that?  I want to
be able to see when it is backing up due to the database taking too much
time.
2)  Do you have any suggested parameters if the database can handle inserts
at a high pace?  I would imagine you would want writeBehindBatchSize to be
very large if doing batch inserts and writeBehindFlushFrequency to be not so
frequent (a second?) Are the defaults the best to use or would you suggest
something else?

Thanks for any suggestions.  As well, if you could point me to any other
performance links overall I'd appreciate it.

Best,
Rick