ignite-user mailing list archives

From vkulichenko <valentin.kuliche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running in Ignite in daemon mode.
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 00:52:17 GMT
Anji,

Daemon node means that most of the components for this node is disabled, and
it is also not publicly visible as a part of topology. The only use case for
it I can think of is some kind of monitoring tool which connects to cluster
and silently gathers metrics information. Visor uses exact this approach,
for example.

I believe this all is not applicable to what you're trying to achieve
though. In your case I would just use tools available in OS to run a process
in background (like nohup in Linux, for example).

-Val