ignite-user mailing list archives

From iostream <sidds.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Comparing Strings in SQL statements
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 02:10:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to fetch records from my cache based on the value of a column
which is a STRING datatype.
My string column has a few trailing spaces as such - "ABC    ".
When I use the below SQL statement -

SELECT * from Person where fNmae = "ABC";

I find no matches. However, when I use the below query -

SELECT * from Person where fName = "ABC    "

I am able to find the row. So my questions are -

1. Whether Ignite does not TRIM strings internally when doing comparisons?
2. Is there a way to configure my cluster to enforce TRIM whenever there are
SQL statements with String comparisons?

Thanks!