ignite-user mailing list archives

From Denis Magda <dma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ignite2.1: Page eviction is not compatible with persistence when startup
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:37:16 GMT
> Eviction policy specifies the principle on which values will be evicted from cache to
free up some space in RAM. On the other hand, persistence writes the oldest pages to the disk
when RAM usage comes to a limit, so no values are removed from the cache.

I would emphasize that the data is written to disk *all the time* (appending to the WAL, checkpointing
of dirty pages from RAM) and not when you run out of RAM space.

—
Denis

> On Aug 16, 2017, at 1:47 AM, Denis Mekhanikov <dmekhanikov@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> But you wrote in the previous letter that you are trying to enable eviction policy and
the node fails on such configuration.

> Eviction policy and persistence cannot be enabled at the same time, because they solve
the problem of memory lack in different ways. Eviction policy specifies the principle on which