ignite-user mailing list archives

From afedotov <alexander.fedot...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We want to configure near cache on client so that we can handle high TPS items and avoid network call to server
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 17:15:40 GMT
Hi,

1. It's mostly OK, but expiry policy should be set on the main cache and it
will be inherited by the near cache
Please refer to this documentation section
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/near-caches#section-configuration>
2. It's not possible out of the box, but you could do some test runs and
gather statistics that could give you
some hints on the appropriate values for eviction and expiration policies
to achieve the wanted behavior or,
at least, get closer to it.
3. You can use for example IgniteCache#localEntries or IgniteCache#size
with CachePeekMode#NEAR parameter.
As well take a look at metrics
<https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.1/docs/cache-metrics>
4. You could have a separate cache for a predefined subset of keys and
enable a near cache for it
5. In general, yes.

Kind regards,
Alex.