ignite-user mailing list archives

From Pavel Tupitsyn <ptupit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Accessing array elements within items cached in Ignite without deserialising the entire item
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:30:33 GMT
Hi Raymond,

First of all, BinaryObject is a cross-platform concept, it exists in C#,
C++, Java.
>From C# point of view there are some inconsistencies (like nullable Guid,
or non-generic collections),
but these things are dictated by the existing protocol, so we can't change
them.
In most cases you can just use WriteObject<>/ReadObject<> methods to avoid
these inconsistencies.

1. You can implement array pooling yourself using IBinaryRawReader methods.
   For example, byte array is written like rawWriter.WriteByte(arr.Length);
for (...) rawWriter.WriteByte(arr[i]);
   I think an extension method would be easy to write.

2. See above, use WriteObject<>/ReadObject<> to avoid dealing with nullables

3. Random array access is not possible with current API.

Thanks,
Pavel