ignite-user mailing list archives

From Evgenii Zhuravlev <e.zhuravlev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Task management - MapReduce & ForkJoin performance penalty
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:16:19 GMT
Hi,

I don't really understand, what you've tried to measure here?

If you run two nodes on the same machine you will have more context
switching of the CPU. In this case, your CPU run internal Ignite Threads
not from only one node, but from 2 nodes. Additionally, when you use more
that one node - some additional overhead for communicating between nodes
will be added.

If you want to benchmark a Compute Grid, I think it's better to run tasks
on nodes that hosted on different physical machines.

Maybe you could describe your case in detail, so we could suggest you a
better solution?

Evgenii