ignite-user mailing list archives

From Mikhail Cherkasov <mcherka...@gridgain.com>
Subject Re: Best practise for setting Ignite.Active to true when using persistence layer in Ignite 2.1
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 11:58:59 GMT
Hi Raymond,

Ignite cluster is inactive on startup only if persistence is enabled. This
is done to avoid unnecessary partition exchanges between nodes,
for example, if you have 3 nodes and 1 backup enabled and you start only 2
of 3 nodes, then they will treat the third node as dead and start process
of restoring data from backup and rebalance data to spread them among 2
nodes, when you add the missed third node back the process will be repeated.

So we start cluster as in active. When all nodes are started and ready, so
no cluster topology changes aren't expected, you should activate cluster.

Also when you turn off cluster, some nodes can still accept request for
data update and other nodes won't see it, so understand which node has the
latest
data we need to start all nodes first and only then activate cluster.

Thanks,
Mikhail.

--
Thanks,