ignite-user mailing list archives

From Juan Barani <Juan.Bar...@unitedplanet.com>
Subject Cache Groups and PARTITIONED/REPLICATED
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 12:21:57 GMT
Hi!

While trying the execute the very first snippet that creates a set in the documentation:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/queue-and-set#overview

Ignite ignite = Ignition.ignite();

IgniteSet<String> set = ignite.set(

    "setName", // Set name.

    null       // Collection configuration.

);

the returned set is always null. As soon as an empty configuration is passed, the set seems
to work again. Is this the intended behavior? I guess either the code or the documentation
is outdated, can it be?

Also, since updating from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 we are getting the following error message, apparently
when sets are configured to be replicated and internal caches (for atomics) are configured
otherwise:

class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Cache mode mismatch for caches related to the same
group [groupName=default-ds-group, existingCache=ignite-sys-atomic-cache@default-ds-group,
existingCacheMode=PARTITIONED, startingCache=datastructures_ATOMIC_REPLICATED_0@default-ds-group,
startingCacheMode=REPLICATED]

Should from 2.1.0 onwards caches/sets with different requirements be stored in different cache
groups?

Thanks!

Juan