ignite-user mailing list archives

From Juan Barani <Juan.Bar...@unitedplanet.com>
Subject RE: Cache Groups and PARTITIONED/REPLICATED
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2017 12:51:35 GMT
I realized that if a have an global AtomicConfiguration like the following:

final AtomicConfiguration atomicConfiguration = new AtomicConfiguration();
atomicConfiguration.setCacheMode(CacheMode.REPLICATED);
igniteCfg.setAtomicConfiguration(atomicConfiguration);

and I create a set with the default configuration, automatically the default config is partitioned,
and the error appears.

Then, it seems to be either I need to configure the CollectionConfiguration exactly the same
as the AtomicConfiguration, or place the Collection in a different group altogether...

Thanks,

Juan

From: Juan Barani
Sent: Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:22 PM
To: user@ignite.apache.org
Subject: Cache Groups and PARTITIONED/REPLICATED

Hi!

While trying the execute the very first snippet that creates a set in the documentation:

https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/queue-and-set#overview

Ignite ignite = Ignition.ignite();

IgniteSet<String> set = ignite.set(

    "setName", // Set name.

    null       // Collection configuration.

);

the returned set is always null. As soon as an empty configuration is passed, the set seems
to work again. Is this the intended behavior? I guess either the code or the documentation
is outdated, can it be?

Also, since updating from 2.0.0 to 2.1.0 we are getting the following error message, apparently
when sets are configured to be replicated and internal caches (for atomics) are configured
otherwise:

class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Cache mode mismatch for caches related to the same
group [groupName=default-ds-group, existingCache=ignite-sys-atomic-cache@default-ds-group,
existingCacheMode=PARTITIONED, startingCache=datastructures_ATOMIC_REPLICATED_0@default-ds-group,
startingCacheMode=REPLICATED]

Should from 2.1.0 onwards caches/sets with different requirements be stored in different cache
groups?

Thanks!

Juan