ignite-user mailing list archives

From "aaron@tophold.com" <aa...@tophold.com>
Subject Re: Re: In which scenario the ignite nodes will shutdown by itself
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2017 12:01:47 GMT
Thanks Dmitry,

Will <property name="onheapCacheEnabled" value="false"/>    meaning the data will be
stored off heap; so the GC should no affect it ?  also the off heap size control by the memory
policy right?

<property name="memoryPolicyName" value="Trans_Region"/>
<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.MemoryPolicyConfiguration">
    <property name="name" value="Trans_Region"/>
    <property name="initialSize" value="#{8L *1024L * 1024L * 1024L}"/>
    <property name="maxSize" value="#{12L *1024L * 1024L * 1024L}"/>
    <property name="pageEvictionMode" value="RANDOM_2_LRU"/>
    <property name="swapFilePath" value="/var/tmp/qa/swap2"/>
</bean>This confuse us a lot, as  eventually our database size is less than 1G,  so
either the onheap  or offheap should not exceed the limitation .  The GC should be health
even the full GC is done at 100ms, frequent is about once per half hour. Our use case is there
are about 3k TPS,  which may update the Cache more than 3 times each request,  so about 10k
transaction happen, those data be written bahind to the DB by batch size as 4096;So I not
sure this is the reason?   BTW we use the cache totally as LOCAL.  so in theory suppose no
network transfer should be involved.
Thanks again for your time!

Regards
Aaron