ignite-user mailing list archives

From userx <gagan...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting custom Log location - log4j
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2017 18:01:16 GMT
Hi all,

I intend to use log4j for Apache Ignite logging. The steps I followed are

1) add maven dependency of

2) set the following in IgniteConfiguration file
		<property name="gridLogger">
			<bean class="org.apache.ignite.logger.log4j.Log4JLogger">
				<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String" value="config/ignite-log4j.xml"
3) When I start the server, it generates log at $IGNITE_HOME/work location.
I put in a debug point to see if Log4JLogger is getting instantiated and it

4) Then I set an environment variable in eclipse say LOG_HOME and replaced
IGNITE_HOME with the same.
When I restarted the server it is still writing at IGNITE_HOME.

How can I change the location of my Ignite logs to a custom location I have
set up in eclipse environment variables ? I intend to use the same strategy
and let WAL happen at a custom location as well.