ignite-user mailing list archives

From iostream <sidds.mo...@gmail.com>
Subject Query about running SQL with durable memory
Date Sun, 06 Aug 2017 05:17:48 GMT
Hi,

I want to understand how SQL queries work when persistence store is enabled
in v2.1.

Suppose I have 10 Person entries in the disk, out of which only 5 are
in-memory. Now if I run a SQL query which is expected to count the number of
entries in Person cache, will the query run only on the disk or RAM or will
it run on both?

If the query will run on both the disk and RAM, will the count be 10 or 15
(10 on disk + 5 in RAM)? Does the SQL processor know which entries are
present in-memory to resolve duplicates?

Thanks!